STEERING CONTROL SHIELD SUPPORT REPLACEMENT (Sheet 2 of 2)
1. Position support (A) onto plate (B) and install four screws (C) and new lockwashers (D) through support (A) and
2. Position four new lockwashers (D.1) and nuts (E) onto four screws (C).
3. Using 1/2 inch wrench to hold screws (C), use torque wrench and socket to tighten four nuts (E) to 15-20 lb-ft (20-
4. Place front shield (F) over rod (G).
5. Place rear rod (H) and shield (J) in position. Using two 5/8 inch wrenches, connect front rod (G) and rear rod (H).
6. Move front shield (F) and rear shield (J) toward front of vehicle until secure.
7. Position four screws (K) and four new lockwashers (L) through straps (M) into supports (A). Use torque wrench
and socket to tighten four screws (K) to 15-20 lb-ft (20-27 N.m).
8. Connect rear control rod to clevis (TM 9-2350-222-20-1).
End of Task
Change 1 10-11