FUEL TANK (LEFT) REPLACEMENT (Sheet 9 of 16)
If fuel tank was removed for repair,
go to step 12. If fuel tank to be
replaced is a new fuel tank, go to step
install new seals (A) in marked positions on hull.
2. Install upper front mount on fuel tank (page 4-
3. Install upper rear mount on fuel tank (page 435).
male threads of fuel vent elbow (B), and using
adjustable wrench, install and position elbow (B)
in fuel tank (C) as shown.
5. Install condensate outlet and plug in fuel tank (TM 9-2350-222-20-1).
6. Install fuel level transmitter in fuel tank (TM 9-2350-222-20-1).
7. Install emergency filler strainer, gasket and
cover (TM 9-2350-222-20-1).
8. Install fuel pump and capacitor housing in fuel
tank (TM 9-2350-222-20-1).
9. Install plug and bracket on top of fuel tank and
drain plug in the side of fuel tank (TM 92350-
Do not use pry bars or wood poles to
force fuel tank into place. Take care
not to scrape, puncture, or otherwise
damage fuel tank.
12. Using four persons, place fuel tank into vehicle.
Go on to Sheet 10