STEERING CONTROL SHIELD SUPPORT REPLACEMENT (Sheet 1 of 2)
Torque wrench with 1/2 in. drive (0-175 lb-ft) (0-237 Nm)
1/2 in. socket with 1/2 in. drive
1/2 in. combination box and open end wrench
5/8 in. combination box and open end wrench (2 required)
Lockwashers (MS35335-34) (12 required)
REFERENCE: TM 9-2350-222-20-1
Disconnect control rod at rear clevis (TM 9-2350-222-20-1)
1. Using socket, remove four screws (A) and
5. Remove front shield (F) from vehicle.
lockwashers (B). Remove straps (C).
Throw lockwashers away.
6. Using 1/2 inch wrench to hold screw (G), use
socket to remove four nuts (H) and lockwash-
2. Slide shield (D) back approximately 2
inches toward rear of vehicle.
3. Using two 5/8 inch wrenches, disconnect
rear control rod (E).
and two supports (K) from plates (L). Throw
4. Remove shield (D) and control rod (E).
Change 1 10-10