STEERING CONTROL ROD REPLACEMENT (Sheet 2 of 2)
1. Inspect shield (C) for cracks, dents, or warpage.
2. Inspect steering control rod (B) for bends, breaks, or stripped threads.
1. Using both hands, screw connector rod (B) into universal (A) near bulkhead.
2. Using one 5/8 inch wrench at end of connector rod (B) and the other 5/8 inch wrench to hold universal plug (A),
tighten rod (B) into end plug (A).
3. Slide shield (C) over rod (B) so pin near bulkhead fits into slot of shield.
6. Install outer riser link shield at rear of powerplant compartment (TM 9-2350-222-20-1).
End of Task
Change 1 10-9