UNIVERSAL JOINT REPLACEMENT (Sheet 4 of 7)
19. Using hammer, tap final drive flange (Q) loose
from universal joint (J).
20. Remove final drive flange (Q) from universal
Dry cleaning solvent P-D-680 is toxic and flammable. To prevent personal
injury, wear protective goggles and gloves and use only in a well-
ventilated area. Avoid contact with skin, eyes, and clothes and don't
breathe vapors. Do not use near open flame or excessive heat. The flash
point for Type #1 Dry Cleaning Solvent is 100 F (38 0 C) and for type #2
is 140 F (60 0 C). If you become dizzy while using cleaning solvent, get
fresh air immediately and get medical aid. If contact with eyes is made,
wash your eyes with water and get medical aid immediately.
21. Wearing rubber gloves (Item 73, Appendix D)
and using rags (Item 65, Appendix D) and dry
cleaning solvent (Item 54, Appendix D), clean
final drive flange (Q).
22. Check final drive flange (Q) for cracks and
breaks. Replace if necessary.
1. Using brush (Item 77, Appendix D) and
solvent (Item 54, Appendix D), clean quick-
disconnect clamp (A). Be sure tapped hole (B)
is free of grease and dirt.
2. Inspect tapped hole (B) for cross-threaded or
stripped threads. If threads are damaged,
replace quick-disconnect clamp (A).
3. Check for looseness of pin (C). If pin (C) is
loose, proceed to step 4.
Go on to Sheet 4.1