ACCELERATOR LINKAGE ASSEMBLY REPLACEMENT (Sheet 4 of 5)
CLEANING AND INSPECTION:
1. Using rags and dry cleaning solvent (Item 12, Appendix B), clean entire housing assembly.
2. Inspect for cracks, damage, and wear. Replace if required.
1. Using brass drift and hammer, install bushing (A)
into nut (B). Install bushing (A) so end of
bushing is inch in from end of nut as shown.
New seals (C) must be installed with lips
facing out and flush with ends of nut.
2. Using hammer, install two new seals (C) into nut
3. Using 9/16 inch wrench and 9/16 inch socket,
install two screws (C), four flat washers (D), two
bracket (G) to accelerator linkage assembly (H).
4. Position accelerator linkage assembly (H) into
5. Push accelerator linkage assembly forward and
aline tube with access hole in bulkhead.
Make sure that tab on side of housing
slides between two guides welded to
floor of hull.
Go on to Sheet 5