FUEL PRIMER PUMP OUTLET VALVE ASSEMBLY REPAIR (Sheet 1 of 2)
TOOLS: Retaining ring pliers (internal and external)
6 in. steel rule
Parts kit (5704213)
PRELIMINARY PROCEDURE: Remove outlet valve assemblies from primer pump (page 4-87, step 3 and 14)
Repair of the two outlet valve
assemblies in primper pump is
1. Remove packing (A) from valve retainer (B).
Throw packing away.
2. Using retaining ring pliers, remove retaining ring
(C) from primer pump housing (D).
3. Remove spring (E) and ball bearing (F) from
pump housing (D).
4. Remove outlet valve (G) from pump housing (D).
5. Remove preformed packing (H) from pump
housing (D). Throw packing away.
CLEANING AND INSPECTION:
1. Clean all parts of outlet valve assembly as
2. Using steel rule, measure length of spring.
Spring should be between 51/64 inch to 13/16
inch. If not, replace.
Go on to Sheet 2