ENGINE REPLACEMENT (2D ENGINE) (Sheet 8 of 18)
25. Using 1-1/8 inch wrench, remove input shaft plug
(AR) and gasket (AS) from transmission.
It may be necessary to place finger
through retaining ring (AT) to make
sure that it does not fall into
26. Using retaining ring pliers, remove retaining ring (AT)
at rear of input shaft (AU).
27. Using puller attachment and mechanical puller
adapter, draw input shaft (AU) rearward until
disengaged from engine drive connection.
28. Attach transmission sling to transmission lifting eyes. Using a suitable hoist, take up slack until sling supports weight
of transmission without lifting powerplant from blocks.
29. Place a pan under engine and transmission at separation point to catch oil.
Go on to Sheet 9
Change 3 3-25