TRANSMISSION REPLACEMENT (Sheet 12 of 24)
Dry cleaning solvent P-D-680 is toxic and flammable. To prevent personal injury, wear protective
goggles and gloves and use only in a well-ventilated area. Avoid contact with skin, eyes, and
clothes and don't breathe vapors. Do not use near open flame or excessive heat. The flash point
for Type #1 Dry Cleaning Solvent is 100 F (38C) and for Type #2 is 138F (50C). If you become
dizzy while using cleaning solvent, get fresh air immediately and get medical aid. If contact with
eyes is made, wash your eyes with water and get medical aid immediately.
1. Using dry cleaning solvent, clean all transmission
parts removed. Wipe dry with clean, lint-free rags.
2. Using putty knife, clean surfaces where gaskets
have been removed.
1. Using transmission sling and a suitable hoist,
remove replacement transmission from container.
2. Remove shipping caps, plugs, covers, and mounts
from replacement transmission as components are
installed and install them on unserviceable
3. Using 3/4 inch wrench, install adapter (A) on
4. Using 3/4 inch wrench to hold adapter (A), use 7/8
inch wrench on nut (B) to secure tube (C) to adapter
5. Position new preformed packing (D), to transmission
Go on to Sheet 13
Change 3 6-33