BULLDOZER HYDRAULIC CYLINDER RAM REPAIR (Sheet 7 of 11)
10. Install washer (J) on shoulder of rod (C).
11. Position piston (K) on rod (C) (piston (K) has no
12. Install new packing set (L) onto piston (M).
(Piston (M) has a groove).
Six packings must be installed with
lips facing toward piston (M) as
13. Install new ring (N) in groove in piston (M).
14. Install piston (M) and packing set (L) onto rod
(C) so that piston (K and M) mates with packing
15. Install washer (P) on rod (C).
16. Screw nut (Q) on threaded end of rod (C).
17. Holding ram head (B) of piston rod (C) in vise
and, using 2-1/4 inch socket with adapter and
torque wrench, tighten nut (Q) to 300-330 lb ft
Use washer(s) (P) as required to line
up cotter pin hole in rod (C) and slot
in nut (Q).
18. Using pliers, install new cotter pin (R) through
slot in nut hole (Q) and hole in rod (C).
Go on to Sheet 8 TA130853