BULLDOZER HYDRAULIC CYLINDER RAM REPAIR (Sheet 6 of 11)
1. Using arbor press, install two bushings (A) into
ram head (B) of rod (C).
2. Screw ram head (B) onto rod (C) until head is
flush with rod (C).
3. Position new seal (D) in gland (E) with lip of seal
4. Place wooden block over seal (D), and using
hammer, tap seal (D) into gland (E).
5. Install new packing set (F) into cylinder head (G)
with flat surface of packing set into cylinder head
(G) and pointed surface of packing set (F)
towards gland (E).
6. Install gland (E) against packing set (F) into
cylinder head (G) and aline holes.
7. Install two screws (H) securing gland (E) to
cylinder head (G) and hand tighten.
8. Slide rod (C) in cylinder head (G).
9. Using 3/8 inch alien wrench, tighten screws (H).
Go on to Sheet 7 TA130852