POWERPLANT REPLACEMENT (2D ENGINE) (Sheet 7 of 23)
17. Using pliers, pull cotter pin (Y).
18. Removing straight pin (Z), separate rod end of
parking brake control from bellcrank.
19. Using 9/16 inch socket, remove two screws (AA)
Parking brake control should be
tied to rear outrigger using rope or
wiring to prevent damage to cable.
20. Release parking brake control rod (AC) from
retaining clip (AD) and move parking brake
control rod (AC) out of the way.
If bolt (AE) or screw (AF) is safety
wired, use diagonal cutting pliers
to remove safety wire.
21. Using 7/16 inch wrench, remove bolt (AE) holding steering linkage and screw (AF) holding shifting
linkage at sides of transmission.
22. Manually separate steering and shifting linkages from connecting linkages on transmission.
Go on to Sheet 8
REAR TOP VIEW OF POWER PLANT