6. Attach the hook on the end of the winch cable to
the lifting eye (6) on either side of the winch.
When attaching hook for winching operations,
position throat (open part) of hook upward in case
overloading straightens the hook. Failure to do this
may result in injury or death of personnel.
7. Attach the hook on the doubling block to the load,
and operate the winch to haul the load in. Refer to
Machine Features, Winch Control Switches, in this
Remote Hydraulic Power Manifold
Preparation for Use of Remote Hydraulic
Refer to operation and maintenance information
for any tool to be used with the remote hydraulic power
1. Start the engine. Refer to Engine Starting in this section.
Leave transmission control lever (1) in
NOTE: The machine must be in the EARTHMOVING mode
to lower the blade. Refer to Machine Operation, Earthmoving
Mode in this section for the procedure to place the machine
in the EARTHMOVING mode.
2. Install the remote tool supply line to fitting (2), located in
the engine air intake compartment.
3. Install the remote tool return line to fitting (3).