FIXED FIRE EXTINGUISHER CYLINDER SERVICING (Sheet I of 1)
Remove fixed fire extinguisher cylinders (TM 9-2350- 222-20-1)
Handle charged cylinders with extreme caution.
Do not jar or subject cylinders to
temperatures above 140F (60C).
Do not handle fire extinguisher cylinders unless safety caps (A) are installed. Cylinders
without safety caps installed, that are accidentally discharged, can cause injury to personnel
and/or damage to the equipment.
1. Inspect neck of bottle for pressure test data.
2. If cylinder is full, pressure test data must not be over
12 years old.
3. If cylinder is to be refilled, pressure test data must
not be over 5 years old.
4. Inspect for plastic coating on indicator (B) over safety
valve outlet. If indicator (B) is missing, cylinder is
5. Remove safety caps (A). Inspect threads of flood
valve (C) and discharge port (D). Repair threads if
6. Install safety caps (A).
7. Using beam scales, weigh cylinder.
8. Serviceable cylinder must weigh a least 9 pounds
more than empty weight. Empty weight is stamped
on flood valve (C).
9. If cylinder does not pass inspection steps 2, 3, 4, 5,
and 8, cylinder must be sent through supply
channels for recharging or replacement.
End of Task
Change 3 13-4