RIGHT ANGLE DRIVE POWER TAKEOFF REPAIR (Sheet 8 of 10)
Before alining gear shafts, it will
necessary to first find out dimension A.
It may be necessary to remove paint on
casting to read dimension B, which is etched
on flange of housing.
14. Write down dimension C (etched on the end of gear
shaft (N). Subtract dimension B from dimension C
(etched on the edge of housing flange). The result is
15. Hold gear shaft (H) and housing stationary.
dimension A. This measurement should be the
value calculated in step 14 plus or minus 0.0017
17. Loosen or tighten one or both retainers (F or L) until
dimension A requirement of step 16 is met.
18. Using dial indicator, measure backlash of gear shaft
19. Loosen or tighten retainer (F) until 0.004 to 0.006
inch backlash is obtained.
Go on to Sheet 9