REAR DRAIN VALVE INTERCONNECTING (INTERMEDIATE) CONTROL ROD AND UNIVERSAL JOINTS
REPLACEMENT (Sheet 5 of 9)
12. Pull rod (H) toward front of vehicle.
13. Turn rear intermediate rod (P) until pin (Q) in
universal joint (R) points straight up.
14. Using hammer and steel rod, drive pin (Q) out of
hole in universal joint (R). Throw pin (Q) away.
15. Pull rear intermediate rod (P) from universal joint
16. Pull universal joint (R) and front intermediate rod
(H) toward rear of vehicle and out of hole in
block (S). Remove universal joint (R) and rod
(H) from vehicle.
17. With rod (H) clamped in vise, use hammer and
steel rod and drive pin (T) out of hole in universal
joint (R). Throw pin (T) away.
18. Pull universal joint (R) from rod (H).
1. Inspect universal joint for tears in rubber seal,
wear, or other defects.
2. Visually inspect seals and bushing inside block
(S) for damage. Replace parts if defective (page
Go on to Sheet 6