REAR DRAIN VALVE FRONT CONTROL ROD REPLACEMENT (Sheet 3 of 4)
7. Securing rod assembly (H) in vise, use 9/16 inch wrench to loosen jamnut (J).
8. Using 9/16 inch wrench on flats of clevis (C), remove clevis (C) from rod (H).
9. Remove jamnut (J) from rod (H).
1. Securing rod (A) in vise, use 9/16 inch wrench to install jamnut (B) onto rod (A).
2. Using 9/16 inch wrench, install clevis (C) onto rod (A).
3. Remove rod assembly (A) from vise and go to driver's compartment.
Driver's escape hatch may
be removed for ease of
installing rod (A) (TM 9-2350-
4. Push unthreaded end of rod (A) through hole in guide
(D). Guide is located under turret floor so it may be
necessary to use a flashlight.
Go on to Sheet 4