TRACK ADJUSTING LINK REPAIR (Sheet 5 of 13)
Shafts are not interchangeable. Right side adjusting
link shaft is approximately 16 5/8 inches long and left
side is approximately 13 3/8 inches long. Measure
shaft as shown to distinguish right side from left.
1. Put shaft (A) in vise.
2. Apply a light coat of grease (Item 14, Appendix
of shaft (A), nut (B),
(C and D), and cup (E).
3. Install nut (B) and support (F) on shaft (A).
4. Install new packing (D) inside piston (G).
5. Install new packing (C) and retainer (H) in
groove on piston (G).
6. Put piston (G), cup (E), and follower (J) on shaft
7. Apply a coat of sealing compound (Item 9.1,
8. Using 15/16 inch socket, install screw (K) and
tighten to end of shaft (A).
9. Torque screw (K) to 90-110 lb-ft (122149 Nm).
10. Remove assembled shaft (A) from vi se.
Go on to Sheet 6
Change 2 9-33