TRACK ADJUSTING LINK REPAIR (Sheet 4 of 13)
Dry cleaning solvent P-D-680 is toxic
goggle and gloves and use only in a
well-ventilated area. Avoid contact
with skin, eyes, and clothes and don't
breath vapors. Do not use near open
flame or excessive heat. The flash
pot for Type #1 Dry Cleaning solvent
is 100F (38C) and for Type #2 is
138F (50C). If you become dizzy
while using cleaning solvent, get
fresh air immediately and get medical
aid. If contact with eyes is made,
wash your eyes with water and get
medical aid Immediately.
1. Clean all parts thoroughly with dry cleaning
2. Inspect shaft (A) for chipped threads, bends, and
cracks. Replace if unserviceable.
3. Inspect cylinder (B) for cracks, dents, and
scratches or grooves inside cylinder (B).
Replace if unserviceable.
4. Inspect bearing (C) for cracks, dents, scratches,
and freedom of movement. If unserviceable,
replace bearing (C) (TM 92350-222-20-1-4).
5. Inspect piston (D) and follower (E) for cracks,
scrapes, and excessive wear.' Replace if
6. Inspect nut (F) and support (G) for cracks, chips,
and stripped threads. Replace if unserviceable.
Go on to Sheet 5
Change 2 9-32