TRACK SUPPORT AXLE ASSEMBLY REPAIR (NUMBER 1 THROUGH 3 LEFT AND RIGHT) (Sheet 2 of 2)
4. Examine bearings surface of axle (A) for cuts or marks made during removal of spacer (B).
5. Using crocus cloth (Item 3, Appendix B), smooth any cuts or marks made on axle (A) during removal.
6. Remove axle assembly from vise.
1. Position axle assembly (A) on arbor press.
2. Position new spacer (B) over axle (A) as shown.
3. Position 2-9/16 inch inside diameter drive collar
over axle (A) onto spacer (B) and, using arbor
press, drive spacer (B) onto axle (B).
Seat spacer firmly all the way down on the axle shaft.
End of Task