FINAL DRIVE REPAIR (Sheet 28 of 30)
74. Using suitable lifting device, position assembled
carrier (N) on its side and support with wood
75. Install remaining 17 bolts (AM) to secure case
(U) to carrier (N). Use 7/8 or 1 inch socket as
required to tighten bolts.
76. Using torque wrench, tighten 20 bolts (AM) to
110-130 lb-ft (149-176 N.m) in sequence
77. Using torque wrench, retighten 20 bolts (AM) to
190-230 lb-ft (257-312 N.m) in same sequence.
threads of setscrews (AN) and, using 5/16 inch
allen wrench, install and tighten four setscrews
(AN) into case (U).
79. If studs (AP or AQ) were removed from case (U)
during disassembly or repair, apply sealing
threads in case (U). Install studs into case (U)
so that remaining length above case surface is
as listed below:
Studs AP - 225 0.06 in. (57.150 1.52 mm)
Studs AQ - 2.88 + 0.06 in. (73.152 1.52 mm
- 0.00 mm)
Go on to Sheet 29
Change 5 7-28