FINAL DRIVE REPAIR (Sheet 14 of 30)
65. Using inside micrometer, measure case (P) bore
diameters (AP and AQ) a minimum of four times
at four equally spaced points.
66. If measurements do not exceed 9.0578 inches,
(230.681 mm) at (AP) and 9.8452 inches,
(250.0681 mm) at (AQ), go to step 68.
67. If any measurement exceeds the above,
BORE)." Return final drive to supply for depot
Drive gear (U) and pinion gear (F) are a matched set. If either gear is unserviceable, both gears
must be replaced as a set.
68. Check drive gear (U) and pinion gear (F) for
cracked, broken, or chipped teeth. Replace set
if either gear is unserviceable.
69. Using penetrating dye, check drive gear (U) and
pinion gear (F) for pitting.
Go on to Sheet 15
Change 5 7-14