FINAL DRIVE REPAIR (Sheet 8 of 30)
32. Using hammer and brass drift or wood block,
remove bearing race (X) (early model) or bearing
(Y) (late model) from case (Q).
Early model bearing and race must be
replaced as part of up
Do not replace any parts until after
bearing pocket/bore cheeks are
33. Make sure carrier (P) gasket surface (Z) and
bearing shelf (AA) are clean prior to positioning
parallel straight bar.
34. Position parallel straight bar on gasket surface
(Z) across bearing pocket of carrier (P).
of parallel bar to bearing shelf (AA) of carrier (P)
and record reading.
36. Repeat measurement a minimum of four times
in four equally spaced points.
37. Measure thickness of parallel bar and subtract
from recorded measurements.
measurements are between inches and 1.357
inches, go to step 39.
Go on to Sheet 9
Change 3 7-8