FINAL DRIVE REPAIR (Sheet 6 of 30)
Protect threads of studs (8) with
several layers of tape.
23. Place crowbar between output shaft studs (S) to
prevent shaft from turning and stabilize carrier
during nut removal.
Late model nut does not have a
24. If required, use hammer and chisel to bend
tangs of lockwasher away from nut (T).
25. Place special box wrench onto nut (T).
Support end of reaction bar against
fixtured object (wood block). DO
NOT rest against pinion gear (F).
26. Using PD 1201 torque wrench with 3/4inch drive
and reactor bar, loosen nut (T).
27. Remove nut (T) and lockwasher if present.
Throw nut and lockwasher away.
Go on to Sheet 7
Change 3 7-6