FINAL DRIVE REPAIR (Sheet 4 of 30)
Late model final drive has different
type adapter (E).
7. Using fingers, remove adapter (E) from pinion
8. Using pliers cut and remove lockwire from eight
9. Using 3/4 inch socket, hinged bar, and extension
with 1/2 inch drive, remove eight screws (G).
10. Using fingers, install three screws (use; screws
(G)) in bearing cap (H) holes (use screws (G);as
11. Using 3/4 inch socket, tighten three screws (G)
evenly to remove bearing cap (H) and gasket (J).
12. Using 3/4 inch socket, remove three, screws (G)
from bearing cap (H).
13. Throw gasket (J) away.
14. Using hammer and drift, remove oil seal (K) from
bearing cap (H). Throw seal (K) away.
For ease of handing, install fabricated
lifting attachments on studs as
15. Use suitable lifting device, position final drive to
gain access to opposite side.
Go on to Sheet 5
Change 3 7-4