FINAL DRIVE REPAIR (Sheet 3 of 30)
There are two different types of final drives.
Early model has three holes in end of shaft
and late model shaft has five holes. Before
performing this procedure identify which
final drive you have (early or late). Where the
final drive repair differs it will be noted.
1. Using lifting device, position final drive over drain
2. Using hinged bar with 1/2 inch drive or 5/8 inch
socket head screw key (alien wrench) remove
four pipe plugs (A).
3. Allow oil to drain completely. When drained,
place final drive assembly on working area.
4. Using 7/16 inch wrench, remove pressure relief
valve (B) or vent elbow (B).
5. Using 3/16 inch allen wrench, remove plug (C).
6. Inspect 17 studs (D) for wear or damage.
Replace as necessary.
Go on to Sheet 4
Change 3 7-3