REAR SHIFTING LINKAGE SHIELD ASSEMBLY REPAIR (Sheet 2 of 3)
1. Put shield (A) in vise (or hold shield with smaller end
2. Insert 51 inch long knockout rod through opening at
smaller end of shield (A).
3. Using hammer, tap knockout rod to drive out seal
(B), bearing (C), and inner seal (D). Throw seals
and bearing away.
Inspect shield for cracks, bends, or other damage.
1. Position shield (A) in vise (or on ground) with larger
2. Place inner seal (B) in larger end of shield (A).
3. Insert 12 inch long knockout rod into larger end of
shield (A). Using hammer, tap rod to drive seal (B)
in as far as it will go.
Go on to Sheet 3