SHIFTING CONTROL ROD ASSEMBLY REPLACEMENT (Sheet 2 of 2)
Inspect universal joint for ease of movement, rust, and out-of-round holes. Inspect threaded ends for burrs or damaged
1. Position shaft (A) in vise and install universal joint (B) on shaft (A) with holes alined. Using hammer and punch, install
new pin (C) through universal joint (B) and shaft (A).
2. Using 9/16 inch wrench, install jamnut (D) onto shaft (A).
3. Install rod end (E) on shaft (A) until center of rod end is 2-5/8 inches from rod (A). Move jamnut (D) tight against rod
4. Using torque wrench and 9/16 inch crowfoot, tighten rod end (E) to 15-20 lb-ft (20-27 Nm).
5. Take shaft (A) and universal joint (F) assembly out of vise. Position universal joint to rod (G) with holes alined. Using
hammer, install new pin (H).
6. Using 9/16 inch wrench, install screw (J) through bracket (K) and rod end (E). Using torque wrench and 9/16 inch
socket, tighten nut (J) to 15-20 lb-ft (20-27 N-m).
7. Adjust shifting linkage (TM 9-2350-222-20-1).
End of Task
Change 1 6-16