TM 9-23 50-222-34-1
4. Unscrew, four captive screws (F) securing cover (G)
to base (D), and remove cover (6).
5. Remove and discard cover seal (H).
6. Remove two tube caps (I) from tubes (J).
7. Pull three tubes (J) and vibrator (K) from sockets.
8. Remove three screws (L) securing potting assembly
(M) to base (D), and remove potting assembly (M).
Use drycleaning solvent only in well
ventilated areas. Keep away from
flames, sparks, or heat.
smoke while using. Prevent contact
with eyes, mouth, and/or skin. wear
rubber gloves when performing
cleaning procedures. Clean parts by
using a cloth soaked in drycleaning
Dry parts thoroughly by
using cleaning procedures.
INSPECTION AND REPAIR:
1. Inspect cover (G) for any defects that may cause
leaks. If cover is defective and not reparable,
replace power supply assembly.
2. Inspect tube and vibrator hold down springs (located
inside of cover) for serviceability. If springs are
defective, replace power supply assembly.
3. Inspect base (D) for cracks or fractures. Inspect
interior for scores and burs. Inspect machined
surfaces for cracks, fractures, galling, pitting,
scoring, or corrosion. Remove minor scores and bur
from machine surfaces and interiors of cast parts
with crocus cloth that has been dipped in drycleaning
solvent. Replace part if cracked, fractured, or
excessively scored, worn, or burred. Inspect all
threaded parts for worn or damaged threads. Repair
by chasing damaged threads with a tap or die.
Change 4 5-94