ACCELERATOR TUBE ASSEMBLY REPAIR (RISER) (Sheet 1 of 2)
7/16 in. combination box and open end wrench
1/8 in. drive punch
Slip joint pliers
5/64 in. drill bit
1/4 in. electric drill
6 in. steel rule
PRELIMINARY PROCEDURE: Remove accelerator tube assembly from linkage assembly (page 4-104)
Do not apply excessive pressure with vise
which might deform assembly.
1. Place tube assembly in vise. Tighten vise.
2. Using hammer and punch, loosen two pins (A).
3. Using pliers, remove two pins (A).
4. Using wrench, remove two rod ends (B).
1. Visually check tube (A) for distortion, bends, and
crossed threads. Replace tube (A) if defective.
2. Visually check rod ends (B) for elongated pin holes
(C) or cracks. Replace rod ends (B) if defective.
3. Check two rod end bearings (D) for free movement,
nicks, burrs, and crossed threads. If nicks or burrs
cannot be removed with a deburring stone or if free
movement is impaired for any reason, replace
defective rod end.
Go on to Sheet 2