ACCELERATOR TUBE ASSEMBLY REPAIR (LOWER) (Sheet 1 of 2)
TOOLS: 1-lb. hammer
1/8 in. drive punch
7/16 in. combination box and open end wrench
Slip joint pliers
5/64 in. drill bit
1/4 in. electric drill
6 in. rule
PRELIMINARY PROCEDURE: Remove accelerator tube assembly from linkage assembly (page 4-104)
1. Using hammer and punch, remove pin (A)
from rod end (B).
2. Using wrench, remove rod end (B).
Place tube assembly (D) in vise while re-
3. Using hammer and punch, remove pin (C) from tube
4. Using pliers, remove shoulder pin (E) from tube (D).
CLEANING AND INSPECTION:
1. Using a rag and dry cleaning solvent (Item 12,
2. Inspect rod end (B), tube assembly (D), and pin (E)
for damage and wear.
Go on to Sheet 2