FUEL PRIMER PUMP INLET VALVE ASSEMBLY REPAIR (Sheet 1 of 1)
TOOLS: Retaining ring pliers
6 in. steel rule
Parts kit (5704213)
PRELIMINARY PROCEDURE: Remove inlet valve assemblies from primer pump (page 4-87, step 3 and 14)
Repair of two inlet valve assemblies in
primer pump is identical.
1. Remove preformed packing (A and B) from
valve assembly (C) and throw away packings.
2. Using pliers, remove retaining ring (D) from
inside of valve assembly (C).
3. Remove spring (E) and ball bearing (F).
CLEANING AND INSPECTION:
1. Clean all parts of inlet valve assembly as
2. Using steel rule, check spring for wear. Free
length of spring should be between 51/64 inch to
13/16 inch. Replace if not within limits.
1. Install ball bearing (F) and spring (E) in valve
2. Using retaining ring pliers, install retaining ring
preformed packings (A and B).
4. Install new packings (A and B) on valve
5. Install inlet valve assembly in primer pump (page
End of Task