FUEL PRIMER PUMP PISTON ROD ASSEMBLY REPAIR (Sheet 1 of 3)
TOOLS: 10 in. adjustable wrench
Long round nose pliers (needle nose)
7/16 in. combination box and open end wrench
1/8 in. drive punch
Parts kit (5704213)
1. Using pliers, remove cotter pin (A). Throw cotter
2. Using 7/16 inch wrench, remove nut (B) and flat
washer (C) from piston rod (D) while holding
clevis (E) with adjustable wrench.
3. Slide piston (F) off rod (D).
4. Remove and throw away
packings (G) from piston (F).
5. Slide gland (H) from rod (D).
6. Remove two preformed packings (J) from inside
of gland (H). Throw packings away.
7. Remove preformed packing (K) and throw away.
8. Remove two preformed packings (L) from rod
(D) and throw away:
9. Using hammer and punch, remove pin (M) from
clevis (E) and separate clevis (E) from rod (D).
Go on to Sheet 2