FUEL PRIMER PUMP REPAIR (Sheet 2 of 6)
6. Reconnect inlet side of primer pump (A) to fuel
7. Attach pressure gage (C) to outlet side of primer
8. Operate primer pump handle. Pump should
develop minimum pressure of 200 psi, with no
9. Relieve pressure at gage (C).
10. With pressure gage (C) still connected to primer
pump (A), operate handle until 30 psi has been
11. Remove inlet line from primer pump (A).
12. Observe for internal leakage. Leakage should
not exceed 20 drops per minute.
It may be necessary to place primer
pump in vise during disassembly.
1. Using needle nose pliers, remove three cotter
pins (A), three pins (B) and one link (C) securing
handle assembly (D) to primer pump (E).
2. Using 7/16 inch wrench, remove screw (F) and
clamp (G) from handle assembly (D).
3. Using diagonal pliers, cut and remove lockwire
(H). Throw lockwire away.
Go on to Sheet 3