FUEL PRIMER PUMP REPAIR (Sheet 1 of 6)
Cleaning and Inspection
TOOLS: Vacuum gage (0 to 50 in)
Pressure gage (0 to 300 psi) w/release valve
Long round nose pliers (needle nose)
7/16 in. combination box and open end wrench
Diagonal cutting pliers
1-1/2 in. open end wrench
9/16 in. combination box and open end wrench
1-1/8 in. open end wrench
Parts kit (5704213)
If any tests fail, pump must be repaired or
1. Connect inlet side of primer pump (A) to a fuel source
to lubricate internal part. Pump handle (A.1).
2. Remove from fuel source, then pump handle (A.1)
until no fuel flows from outlet side of primer pump.
3. Connect vacuum gage (B) to inlet side of primer
4. Operate pump handle (A.1). Pump must maintain a
minimum of 12 inches of vacuum while pumping.
5. Remove vacuum gage from pump.
Go on to Sheet 2
Change 1 4-86