FUEL SHUTOFF CABLE ASSEMBLY REPLACEMENT (Sheet 3 of 6)
14. Wrap and securely tie 8 to 10 feet of wire (X)
assembly (C) in engine compartment.
Wire (X) will be used during installation
to thread cable assembly through
bulkhead connector and guide tube.
15. Using knife, remove grommet (Y) from cable U
assembly (C). Throw grommet away.
16. Using two persons, remove cable assembly (C)
I by slowly pulling cable assembly into driver's
compartment allowing wire (X) to thread through
bulkhead connector and guide tube. Keep any
parts remaining on cable assembly on the wire
and the front side of the bulkhead.
17. Untie wire from cable assembly (C) and U
remove cable assembly from hull. Leave wire in
hull to aid in cable installation.
18. Remove nut (Z) and packing (AA) from cable I
assembly (C). Throw packing away.
CLEANING AND INSPECTION:
1. Using wire brush, clean threaded parts.
2. Inspect threaded components for thread
damage. Replace or repair if defective.
3. Inspect bushing assembly (A) in bulkhead
housing (B) for tears, breaks, and cracks.
Replace if defective.
Go on to Sheet 4
Change 1 4-71