FUEL TANK (LEFT) REPLACEMENT (Sheet 12 of 16)
Use spacer/washer as required for
proper clearance between fuel tank
and turret floor.
19. Secure lower rear mount (N) and ground strap
(P) to hull bracket (Q) using two screws,
washers, and nuts (R).
20. Using 1/2 inch wrench and 1/2 inch socket,
tighten screws and nuts (R).
21. Using 9/16 inch wrench, install ground strap (P)
to fuel tank (C) with washer and screw (S).
22. Check for 5/16 inch clearance between fuel tank
(C) and turret floor. Add spacers (U) if required
in lower rear mount (N) for correct clearance.
23. Using two 15/16 inch wrenches, install two
rubber mounts and washers (V) to fuel tank
bracket (W) and hull bracket (X) with screw,
washers, and nut (Y).
24. Using torque wrench and 15/16 inch crowfoot,
torque nut (E) to 130-145 lb-ft (176-196 N-m).
25. After tightening all mounts, recheck clearance in
steps 16 and 22 above. Readjust for proper
clearance as required.
Go on to Sheet 13