AIR CLEANER FAN REPAIR (Sheet 4 of 11)
CLEANING AND INSPECTION
and rag clean all parts.
2. Dry parts with compressed air.
3. Check both leads for fraying, torn insulation or oil
soakage. Replace leads if damaged.
continuity. If continuity does not exist replace leads.
5. Check cover and impeller for damage. If parts are
damaged replace them.
1. Secure air cleaner blower motor (A) to bench with vise so motor is stable. Using screwdriver install screw and
lockwasher (B), retaining strap (C) and brush lead (D) to motor (A) as shown.
2. Connect motor to 24 volt power source as shown. With (+)
connection to lead (E) and (-) connection to lead (D).
3. Using multimeter, check voltage for a reading (V)
of 22-24 volts.
4. Using multimeter, check amperage for a reading
(A) of 5 to 7.5 amps. Disconnect motor from
5. Using inch screwdriver remove screw and
lockwasher (B), retaining strap (C) and lead (D)
from motor (A).
6. If voltage or current readings do not conform to
those stated in steps 3 and 4 see note on next
Go on to Sheet 5