AIR CLEANER FAN REPAIR (Sheet 2 of 11)
5. Remove preformed packing (J) from motor.
6. Using 1/4 inch screwdriver, remove screw and
washer (K) securing ground strap (L).
7. Using 1/4 inch screwdriver, remove screw and
washer (M), securing retaining strap (N), brush lead
(P), and power lead (Q).
8. Slide insulator (R) aside to expose lead connector.
Pull leads (Q) apart and remove insulator (R).
9. Using 1/4 inch screwdriver, remove four screws (S)
(U). Pull leads and capacitor (U) out from housing
10. Remove packing (V) from capacitor and leads (U).
Throw packing away.
11. Holding motor (W) in one hand, tap housing (D) with
hammer to loosen motor from housing. Remove
motor (W) from housing (D).
Go on to Sheet 3