DRIVER'S HATCH MOUNT LID ASSEMBLY REPAIR (M24 IR PERISCOPE) (Sheet 1 of 3)
1/2 in. portable electric drill
1/2 in. drill bit
Lockwasher (MS35335-33) (2 required)
REFERENCE: TM 9-237
1. Using screwdriver, remove two screws (A),
2. Pull lightly on loop of spring (E) to release
loop from handle (F).
3. Slide hammer out of spring (E) and
retainer of lid (D).
4. Remove spring (E) from lid (D).
5. Place lid (D) in vise and, using drill with
drill bit, remove two bearings (G) (5/8 inch
6. Using grinder, remove weldments holding
bumper (H) to lid.
7. Remove bumper (H).