BRAKE CONTROL HOUSING REPAIR (Sheet 9 of 14)
Place new packings (L) on three bolts (M) and insert bolts in housing assembly (C).
10. Place three shims (N) on each bolt (M) (on back side of brake housing (C)) in addition to any shims
added in step 6.
11. Carefully position housing assembly (C) on transmission and start each bolt (M). Tighten finger
12. Place new lockwasher (P) and nut (Q) on each of two studs. Tighten finger tight.
13. With housing assembly (C) firmly positioned, insert as many shims (H) as necessary to fill gap
between brake housing and spacer nut (E).
14. Insert bolt (R) (no packing under head) and tighten finger tight,
15. Using torque wrench, extension, and 9/16 inch socket, tighten two nuts (Q) to 20-25 lb-ft (27-34
16. Using torque wrench and 15/16 inch socket, tighten three bolts (M) to 55-60 lb-ft (74-81 N.m).
Tighten bolt (R) to 20-25 lb-ft (27-34 N.m).
Go on to Sheet 10