SHIFTING CONTROL BRACKET AND CONNECTING LINK ASSEMBLY REPAIR
(Sheet 6 of 9)
14. Place bracket (Q) into vise.
Using 5/16 inch wrench, remove grease fitting
16. Inspect grease fitting (R) for blockage or
damaged threads. Throw away if damaged.
17. Using hammer, 1/8 inch punch, and welding
rod, remove pin (S), Throw pin away.
18. Using hammer and 1/2 inch punch, remove
19. Remove connecting link (U) and two washers
20. Inspect washers (V) and connecting link
perform steps 21 and 22.
Using 1/2 inch punch and hammer, remove
bearings (W). Throw bearings away.
Using vise, press new bearings (W) one at a
time into connecting link (U), flush with outer
surface of connecting link (U).
GO on to Sheet 7