NEUTRAL SHIFT SWITCH ADJUSTMENT (Sheet 3 of 3)
Lengthen screw (D) until meter just reads zero.
Lengthen screw (D) by three complete turns.
Using two wrenches, tighten jamnut (C) toward
bracket (E) while holding screw (D).
10. Set transmission lever to other positions, meter
should read zero in neutral (N) and park (P)
only. Replace neutral shift switch (page 10-252)
if any other readings are found.
11. Disconnect meter probes from electrical
12. Connect connectors (A) and (B) to (C) and (D).
13. Test adjustment by attempting to start engine
in all transmission lever positions. Engine
should start only in neutral (N) and park (P)
14. Install transmission shroud (page 9-23).
End of Task