STARTER REPLACEMENT (Sheet 7 of 7)
11. Using screwdriver, secure small cable (P) onto
external tooth lockwasher (Q).
12. Install heavy cables (R) and (S) and tagged light
cable (T) onto lower terminal of starter switch
relay solenoid (U). Using 3/4 inch socket and
torque wrench, secured cables with nut and
13. Install two double-braided ground straps (H)
and two heavy cables (X) and (Y) and tagged
light cable (Z) onto large terminal at starter
motor (AA). Using 3/4 inch socket and torque
wrench, secure cables with nut and new
Install starter low voltage relay solenoid (page 10-34) (2D engine only),
Start engine (TM 9-2350-222-10),
17. Stop engine (TM 9-2350-222-10).
18. Using pliers, secure four bracket bolts with
lockwire (Item 59, Appendix D) (AB), exactly
as shown in the figure, to prevent them from
19. Coat all exposed terminal fittings with
glyptol (Item 38, Appendix D).
20. Disconnect ground hop kit (page 5-62).
powerplant (page 5-37).
End of Task