FUEL SHUTOFF VALVE, LEVER, LINK, AND BRACKET REPLACEMENT (EARLY MODEL)
(Sheet 8 of 9)
16. Manually thread nut (T) onto 45 degree elbow (U) past notch (V) in threads.
17. Manually slide washer (W) onto elbow (U).
18. Manually install new preformed packing (X) onto elbow (U) into notch (V) in threads.
19. Using adjustable wrench, install elbow (U) with nut (T), washer (W), and new preformed packing
(X) into fuel shutoff valve as an assembly, to correct position for vehicle installation.
20. Using adjustable wrench to hold elbow (U), use 1-1/8 inch wrench to tighten nut (T) against fuel
Using 1 inch wrench, install tube nut (Y) to elbow (U).
Go on to Sheet 9
7-204 Change 1