AIR CLEANER TURBOCHARGER ELBOW REPLACEMENT (Sheet 2 of 3)
If NBC exposure is suspected, all air filter
media must be handled by personnel wearing
protective equipment. Contact your unit NBC
Officer or NBC NCO for appropriate handling
or disposal instructions.
1. Pull pin (A) and release quick release clamp
2. Remove quick release clamp (B) from hose and
3. Using socket, loosen nut (C) securing clamp (D).
4. Remove hose assembly (E).
5. Remove clamp (D).
6. Cover air cleaner outlet elbow F) and turbosupercharger inlet elbow (G) with rags to prevent entrance of
7. Using socket with extension and wrench, remove
securing elbow (G) to turbocharger.
8. Remove elbow (G) and gasket (J). Throw gasket (J)
9. Make sure turbocharger inlet mating surface is
not nicked, burred, or damaged. If turbocharger
inlet mating surface is damaged, notify support
maintenance. Make sure eight nuts and studs are
not stripped or damaged. Repair as necessary.