2A ENGINE AND 20 ENGINE POWERPLANT TESTS (GROUND HOP) (Sheet 11 of 15)
14. If engine speed is over 2050 rpm, there is clutch slippage in transmission. Verify that shift
control lever is in high (check control indicator position). Notify support maintenance.
This test may also be used to determine if the low-range or
reverse-range transmission servobands are slipping.
15. Set transmission in low or reverse range by grasping shift control lever and pull or push lever to
set indicator to selected range.
Do not do stall test for more than 30 seconds at full throttle
or allow transmission oil temperature to go into red area on
transmission oil temperature indicator.
16. Watch tachometer and operate engine at full throttle for no more than 30 seconds, three times.
17. If engine speed is below 1800 rpm after three checks, engine is not operating properly. Notify
maintenance supervisor that check of engine performance is required.
18. If engine speed exceeds 2050 rpm, servobands are slipping. Verify that shift control lever is in
selected range (check position of control indicator) and adjust forward or reverse servobands (page
Go on to Sheet 12