NOTE: If necessary, the blade can be collapsed to
reduce the total shipping width. Refer to
Transportation Information, Preparation for Special
Shipping Width in this manual.
12. Move blade control lever (1) towards the front of
the machine, and lower the blade until the blade
contacts the floor of the aircraft.
13. Stop the engine. Refer to Machine Parking,
Engine Stopping, and Machine Parking, Leaving
the Machine in this section for procedures for
stopping the engine and leaving the machine.
14. Block the front and rear of each drive belt.
15. Secure the machine to the floor of the aircraft by
using the six tie-down locations on each side of
the machine. Refer to Transportation Information,
Tie Down in this section for the tie-down
If the cooling system was drained for transport, refill
the system before starting the engine. Operating the
machine without coolant will damage the engine.
1. Start the engine.
NOTE: For operating instructions, refer to Before
Starting the Engine, Engine Starting, After Starting
Engine, and Machine Parking in this section.
2. Ensure that blackout light switch (6) is in the STOP
LIGHT or SERVICE DRIVE position.
3. Move blade control lever (1) towards the rear of the
machine to fully raise the blade.
4. Move the self-deploy/earthmoving switch into
SELF-DEPLOY position (7).
5. Drive the machine off the aircraft.
Do not operate the machine at speeds greater than 3
kph (2 mph) in the kneeled position.
6. When the machine is in an open location, depress
service brake pedal (12), and move transmission
control lever (11) to NEUTRAL.
7. Pull knob (2) up to engage the parking brake before
releasing service brake pedal (12).
8. Move the kneeling switch to LOWER (4). Hold the
kneeling switch in the LOWER position for several
seconds to release any force on the kneeling lock
pins caused by natural leakage inside the kneeling
9. Remove the kneeling lock pins on both sides of the
machine and return the pins to the electrical panel
and BII compartment for storage.
10. Move the kneeling switch to RAISE (5). Hold the
kneeling switch in the RAISE position until the
machine is fully raised.
Preparation for Special Shipping Width
The shipping width of the machine can be reduced to
2591 mm (102 in). Notify Unit Maintenance personnel
to prepare the machine for the special shipping width.
Refer to Appendix E for Unit Level transportation
procedure. U.S. Army Operators are not authorized to
perform the procedures in Appendix E.