NOTE: If possible, park the machine on level ground.
If the machine must be parked on a grade, block both
drive belts on the downhill side of the machine.
1. In preparation to park the machine, release
accelerator pedal (3) to decrease engine speed.
2. Depress service brake pedal (2), and move
transmission control lever (1) to a lower gear, to
slow the machine travel speed.
3. Fully depress service brake pedal (2) to stop the
With the engine running, this machine will spot
turn when the steering wheel is turned, even if
the transmission is in NEUTRAL.
To avoid personal injury due to unexpected
movement, engage the parking brake and make
sure the area is free of personnel before starting
4. Move transmission control lever (1) into NEUTRAL.
5. Pull knob (5) up to engage the parking brake.
NOTE: Service brake pedal (2) can be released after
the parking brake is engaged.
6. Move the self-deploy/earthmoving switch (6) into
7. Move blade control lever (4) forward to LOWER the
blade to the ground. Apply a slight downward
pressure with the blade after the blade contacts the
NOTE: When the engine is operating, the machine
must be in the EARTHMOVING mode before the blade
will lower. When the engine is not operating,
movement of the blade control lever will allow the
blade to lower.
NOTE: If the engine is to be stopped, refer to
Machine Parking, Engine Stopping in this section for
engine shutdown instructions.