8. To raise the machine, hold auxiliary charge switch
(17) up to direct hydraulic oil into the cylinder.
9. Watch the reading on the gauge and the level of the
NOTE: Do not exceed a maximum pressure of 8276 ±
690 kPa (1200 ± 100 psi) when middle cylinder
charge fitting (12) is used, and do not exceed a
maximum pressure of 11 790 ± 690 kPa (1710 ± 100
psi) when the bogie cylinder charge fitting (13) is used.
10. Release auxiliary charge switch (17) and close the
valve (turn the knob perpendicular to the valve
body) on ball valve (5) when the machine is level or
when the maximum pressure for the cylinder is
11. Turn nut (2) counterclockwise, until the nut stops
rotating (an additional three-quarters of a turn may
12. Remove coupling (6) from the fitting of the cylinder
which was charged.
13. Repeat Steps 4 and 8 through 12 for the other
cylinders until the machine is level.
14. Remove coupling (7) from pressure tap (11).
15. Disconnect coupling (8) of the gauge group from
coupling (3) of the charge hose. Disconnect
coupling (10) of the gauge group from coupling (4)
of the charge hose. Connect coupling (3) to
coupling (4). Return the charge hose and gauge
group to the BII compartment for storage.
16. Deliver the machine to Unit Maintenance as soon
as possible to recharge the suspension.
Moving the Machine
1. Start the engine. Refer to Before Starting the
Engine and Engine Starting in this section for the
2. Use blade control lever (1) to raise the blade off the
Keep personnel clear of the blade while the blade
is raised. The blade could fall, resulting in injury
NOTE: If the machine is to be operated in the SELF-
DEPLOY mode, the blade must be fully raised.
3. Place self-deploy/earthmoving switch (3) in the